The Graduate Student Government (GSG) exists to improve the quality of life for all graduate students at the University both in the classroom and laboratory, library and in everyday life.
Through the planning and support of the council, the GSG endeavors to enhance the quality of graduate education and your experience at the University by:
- Funding conference travel grants up to five times in a student's tenure
- Advocating for graduate student needs and interests to the university administration
- Fostering interdisciplinary connections through social activities
- Providing free and subsidized events both on and off campus
- Promoting cooperation and interaction with the South Bend community
We strive to meet the needs of students in all disciplines through the suggestions and participations of all our members. We welcome your suggestions as to best meet these objectives for you. We hope that the website provides ample information about the GSG and encourages you to become an active member in the GSG.