Professional Development (TREC)
What is "TREC"?
The TREC Committee (Teaching, Research, Ethics, Career) is the professional development arm of the Graduate Student Government. composed of graduate student volunteers, our mission is to offer information and programming that will help Notre Dame graduate students achieve their goals. We believe that professional development is not just about polishing your academic credentials and technical skills. It's about building confidence, learning self-awareness, and improving the leadership and communication skills that will help you become successful in whatever post-graduate career path you choose.
The concept of professional development is about tapping into your untapped potential. It is about lifelong learning and growing as an individual. What you will gain in our sessions will remain with you for a lifetime!
Want to learn more about professional development at Notre Dame?
- Check a few items off your Professional Development Checklist!
- Check the ND Graduate School Professional Development page regularly for updates, events and resources!
- For upcoming events, check out the Professional Development Events page
Professional Development Resources at Notre Dame
- GSG Conference Presentation Grant
- Notre Dame Internal Funding Opportunities (Grants & Fellowships)
- Notre Dame External Funding Opportunities
- Notre Dame Subject Librarians (Excellent resource for literature reviews!)
- COS (Research Funding Database)
- H-Net Fellowships List
Other Resources Around Campus:
- The Four Horsemen Society (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- IDEA Center (Innovation, De-Risking and Enterprise Acceleration)
External Resources & Interesting Readings:
- Versatile PhD (Must subscribe... but it's free)
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
Networking and Communication:
Non-Academic Career Paths:
- Our Secret Non-Academic Histories
- For Science Ph.D.'s: There is No One True Path
- Escape the Ivory Tower